Being a big dreamer doesn’t mean that you walk around with your head in the clouds. It means that you’re seeking a purpose for your life and it means that you’re becoming fulfilled in the process.
People that get into the habit of dreaming big will accomplish those goals because they have the right mindset. You need to look at life with the perspective that you can achieve anything that’s possible. If you can accomplish big dreams, why wouldn’t you go after them? Why would you want to settle for small dreams?
Here’s a list of reasons why you should be a big dreamer:
1. Following Your Dreams Connects You to Your Inner Self. If you want to be happy right down to the core of your being, you need to be a big dreamer. Big dreams can fulfill you right down to the soul because you’ve sought out your true purpose in life. It’s likely the biggest reason why you wouldn’t want to settle on small dreams.
2. Because You Have a Choice. You should be a big dreamer because you do have a choice in the matter. Sure you might have a goal or dream that is very difficult to achieve. You might come face to face with failure, and that can be rather frightening. Many people are led down the path where they decide to never attempt their ultimate “big dreams”. You don’t have to be one of these people. You can choose to follow your biggest dreams.
3. You’ll Be Following Your True Calling. There are not many feelings that could be considered better than knowing that you’ve found the meaning in your life. Perhaps you don’t know what your true calling in life is yet, and you won’t get to that point without dreaming big first. Some people might say that their true calling fell right into their lap, but this isn’t always the case. You need to do some deep thinking and take action in order to get there.
4. Your Dreams Will Come True. Your dreams don’t need to remain dreams forever; they have a real possibility of coming true. If you’re a big dreamer, you’ll achieve big dreams. It’s a strong belief in yourself combined with those big dreams that’ll make you a personal success. Don’t settle on small dreams when you can be achieving bigger things.
5. You’ll Be Open to Possibilities. When you dream big things, you open many doors. You’ll encounter a good amount of excitement as you go about life because you’ll be in adventurous and unpredictable situations. This is because big dreams can push your limits and keep your life fresh. Who wouldn’t want a life filled with excitement?
6. You’ll Achieve More. When you dream big, you’ll achieve great things. You may even end up achieving more than you ever thought you could. For example, you might be at a crossroads where you’re considering whether or not to get a job in a certain field or start a business in that same field. The job is a safe bet with a likely limited salary. The business is the “big dream” that can provide fulfillment and not just in the salary potential. You’ll be personally fulfilled and you’ll achieve more for your hard work.
7. It’s the Right Thing to Do for the World. Big dreams are the reasons why the world changes for the better. It’s the reason why there have been so many great inventions, and cures for diseases, etc. Big dreams give you the opportunity to truly leave your mark on the world.
Mark Foo has brought together 48 personal development bloggers and writers to co-author The 77 Traits of Highly Successful People and it’s available to you FREE. Claim your free copy of the eBook now at http://www.77SuccessTraits.com to discover how to achieve all that you want in life.