I never really thought about the chemicals in makeup since I don’t normally wear much. However, after reading the chart above, I’m thinking about other options..
Lips + Cheeks
Raw organic coconut oil
Beet Root Powder (fromnaturelove.com) or a beet
1. In bowl, spoon out 1 tsp dried beet root powder
2. Add 1 and 1/2 tsp coconut oil and mix
3. Grate 1 and 1/2 tsp beeswax into oil paste, put in old pot and heat on low.
4. Remove from heat and pour mixture into glass jar, let cool.
Once it hardens, use your finger to apply the best, easiest lip + cheek stain out there
*will last 6 months unrefrigerated
Activated Charcoal Capsules (drugstore.com)
1. Empty contents of an activated charcoal capsule into a dry clean bowl
2. For liquid eyeliner look, add few drops of water with angled eyeliner brush. Can use dry for a smoky look
Make + use as needed. Don’t store.
Activated Charcoal Capsule
1. Empty activated charcoal capsule
2. Put in 1 tsp pure aloe vera gel + mix
3. Using old, but thoroughly cleaned mascara wand, sweep on lashes.
*Make + use as needed