I love sticky chicken..
Rachel Khoo’s Sticky Malaysian Chicken with Pineapple Salad
By The Curious Pear (via Food 52)
Serves 6 to 8 For the glaze and chicken: :
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- One 1 1/4-inch piece ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup cup runny honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 red chile, with seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 pounds chicken drumsticks and thighs (4 of each)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
For the Malaysian salad::
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 small pineapple
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. To make the glaze: In a food processor, blend all the ingredients up to the chicken together until fairly smooth. Place the chicken pieces in a large roasting pan with the glaze, tossing them well to coat. Bake for 45 minutes, remove from the oven, and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds.
- To make the Malaysian salad: Halve the cucumber lengthwise, then seed with a spoon and discard the seeds. Cut in half again, then slice on an angle and put in a large bowl. Peel the pineapple, cut into small cubes, and add to the bowl. Peel and thinly slice the onion. Add to the bowl, along with the lime juice. Taste and season the salad with salt just before serving alongside the chicken.