they had me at “cookie dough”
For the chocolate cookies:
- 18.25 ounce Devil’s Food Cake mix (not ingredients on back of box)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
For the cookie dough filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix all ingredients together just until dough forms.
- Scoop out cookie dough by heaping tablespoons onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely and fill.
For the filling:
- Beat together the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Mix in the brown sugar and flour.
- Mix in the vanilla and sea salt.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Use a sturdy rubber spatula to mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spread the filling on the bottom of one cookie, and top with another!
- Keep refrigerated until serving.